Monday, July 3, 2023

Perfect Ending To A Week

 We had the best ending to a perfect week. I had the best week with our granddaughters and we had the perfect ending. 

We celebrated our 4th of July Saturday because so many will still have to work on the 4th. When you're in the medical field, you don't get off. 

Dear hubby gave me a break since I had been so busy all week. He took care of everything this year. Food, desserts, fireworks, etc. He is awesome. The thing is, God showed up and showed out again. The weather was calling for 90% chance of rain. So I prayed for him to hold off the rain just so we could have this last night of fun before the week was up. And he did. 

Mine and the girls tye dye shirts turned out great. Next time I will make sure I have more dye for adults tshirts. It takes more. However, I wanted to get theirs done first so I got what was left out of the red. They turned out cute. 



A good time was had by all. 

















After it was over, father and sons had to have their own little war. It is something they have done every year since our boys were younger. 

Sunday evening dear hubby and I got out and picked in the garden. We gave 4, 5 gallon buckets of squash and Zucchini to two of our neighbors. 

We picked a 5 gallon bucket of corn that was ready, and a 5 gallon bucket of green beans that was ready. First green beans and corn of 2023. 



I literally sat in my garden and cried because the last person to grow green beans in our family was my late MIL.  Now, two little girls not only filled this bucket, but filled her shoes. This is their green beans they planted back in the spring. I am beyond proud. 

We sat last night snapping beans and watching a classic Bob Hope movie.  




Today, I'm processing them. I will be videoing so I can add it to our playlist on YouTube.  I will also do a written tutorial. 

If you are in the throws of harvesting and you want to know of all the ways you can preserve your bounty,  check out our Canning and Preserving page. Just click on the Canning and Preserving title in the subheader and it will take you to that page. Happy reading. 😊 

You can also click here: 

Canning and Preserving

No comments:

Post a Comment