Tuesday, July 18, 2023

How To Make Mock Pineapple

 I tried an experiment using surplus Zucchini.  I found another way to put our Zucchini to use and have a little extra treat on hand. 

I made Mock Pineapple with just a few simple ingredients. 

This is a way to use up some surplus Zucchini you have and to use when some of them get so big. 😉 Also, you have something extra on hand to make meals and desserts out of. So many uses from one vegetable,  it is amazing. 

So I took a couple of Zucchini that was big and peeled the skins off then  sliced in half lengthwise. I scooped all the seeds out. Then I cubed the flesh. I raw packed into jars and just covered with pineapple juice and some brown sugar. Debubbled, wiped the rims of the jars off, placed lids and rings on fingertip tight and processed in water bath for about 8 to 10 minutes because I did not want them to turn mooshy. It was long enough to seal all the jars. 


Here is the video version



No comments:

Post a Comment