Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Packing Lunches

 My adult lunch for a day at the Lake. I love Bentgo boxes as well as the next, but not the prices. Yes, I see posts about them at Walmart. However, our local Walmarts do not have this special at the time. If they run it any time soon, I will purchase some. Right now, I just want to show you that lunch box accessories do not have to break the budget. 

I have included pics to show examples of the different compartments and how they can be removed for bigger items or smaller items and how it functions together. You can create more compartments by adding cupcake liners in any of the big sections top or bottom. The small container with lid is perfect for sauces or butters and will not leak. Little hands can operate these boxes as well. I have two grandchildren that can open theirs with no problems and they have used them for two years now. They were 3 and 4 when I bought them. Also, other little containers such as the one I have trail mix and cheese in, and the empty one (just for post purpose), were purchased at Dollar Tree for a $1 each.  They can hold veggies with their dips or fruits, yogurt and granola. The possibilities are endless. The little fork, spoon and knife kit came from Walmart for $4. Water bottle which will be filled when time to go was just a $1 at the Dollar Tree and it holds up in the dishwasher (top rack away from heat element) nicely. 

I love how it all goes back together and snaps nicely and securely. Even if placed on its side, it packs very well. I paid $10 for the Sistema box at Walmart. Bentgo is the name brand. However the idea came from  Bento lunches that is used in Japan. Bento is an organized lunch preparation that is used by the Japanse in their school systems for children. It contains an item from all food groups.  It is also an organized container that they use to hold their lunches when outside of the home. Research Japanese Bento Lunches.













No comments:

Post a Comment