Sunday, December 4, 2022

Weekly Productivity

 





We have been working since 7:00 this morning.  We have done 25 one cup packages of cheese from 2lb blocks of cheese on sale that we brought home and shredded.  2 10lb bags of potatoes that was on sale for $4.99 a bag, made probably another 17 to 18 qts of potatoes. I turned a 10lb bag into 4 bags of French fries, and 4 bags of scalloped potatoes. That's 25 meals with just potatoes. Then we worked on two more pineapples that were one sale and I got 2 more qts of pineapple, some fresh pineapple to eat for breakfast and lunch and 2 more jars of juice to use in anything I want to. 😋 

Then we turned a chub of Bologna that was on sale and made several days worth of Bologna slices for lunches. 

Not to mention rotating 3 loads of laundry and letting Caroline wash dishes. Now we are taking a much needed break.

After our break, we had some reading time and then it was time for Daddy and Sissy to come home from school. We had an after school snack and talked with oldest son for a bit before they had to go home. 



After they left, I fixed our supper and we ate. Cleaned everything up so we could process onions. I could not do those while little sissy was here because those things are strong and they kill my eyes. I didn't want them hurting her eyes.  We made the process fast and out of 2 3lb bags of onions that were on sale, I got        1 cup portion bags out of them and vacuum sealed them and put them into freezer for future meals. 

We finally got recleaned and I got to take a shower. We rested the rest of the night and watched baking championships on Food Network and yep, I see alot of things I want to try. Lol. 

Tuesday:

It's time to start canning 20 lbs of potatoes that soaked overnight. I have a video of that on our YouTube channel if you want to see how. I will also start processing some of the 100 lbs of sweet potatoes I have too. Little sister is arriving now so I better be ready to start reading books. 📚 

We read some books and then she started getting hungry so it was breakfast time. 😋 We had some chaffles that we batch cooked last week.  I have a video on that too. You can see it here. 

Batch Cooking Chaffles and Waffles

Then it was time to get started with the potatoes. 

Got breakfast ate, supper in the crock pot, and working on canning these potatoes they peeled yesterday. And he got laundry started, all before 9:30 am. That man said  "Not today, I'm not in the mood for all that!" when I tried to video him so I just snapped a pic smarty pants. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Next, we have to start tackling sweet potatoes. 😋




We got the potatoes finished and added 14 more qts to the pantry.  By then it was time to eat lunch.  We ate, read some books and took a much needed nap. We didn't get to sleep long because storms rolled in and every time it thundered, she got scared. We got up, had some coffee and snacks. We played until it was time for her daddy to come pick her up. They were going to go get big sissy. 

Me and dear hubby ate supper and cleaned the kitchen and we set down to start peeling sweet potatoes and watched a Christmas movie. It was stormy still most of the night and the wind was blowing so hard all night, I barely got any sleep. 

Wednesday:

Kind of sleep deprived this morning but there is still work to be done. I am so sore from peeling so many potatoes last night. I'm trying to drink my coffee this morning and the wind is still blowing so hard outside. My little helper will be here in a bit, so I gotta down the coffee. 😆 

My little buddy arrived and we sit for a few minutes playing a school game on her tablet. Then we ate a bit and I got ready and got busy with the sweet potatoes while she wanted to play. 

She wanted to help peel but they were a little too big for her hands. Poppie wound up helping me and we wound up getting 18 bags of meals for French fried sweet potatoes and 14 qts canned so far. We got those done before it was nap time. 

We read some books and Bible stories and then took a nap. 

After nap we played baby dolls and read some books. Poppie went and picked up sissy from school.  They got back here and I gave them a snack before daddy came to get them. 

Thursday:

No work today. It is a girls day out today. 

We need to head to town and buy ingredients to make my late Mother in Laws Christmas candy. 

Caroline: "I want to be like Gmaw!"

😁😁



Chicky nuggets and French fries makes her happy and since she was such a good helper, I will choke down some rubber fries. 😒🍟


When you're little and everything is a blast. 🤣🤣🤣🤣


We came home exhausted and took a nap. Then it was time to go get sissy from school. We picked her up and got home and got her started with home work. Little sissy wanted to do some too. 


While she was doing her homework, I got lunches fixed for the next day, little sissy didn't want to feel left out. And I got their breakfast fixed for the next morning.  Home lunchables are nutritional, easy and affordable. 

This was their breakfast 




We ate, got kitchen cleaned, played, took showers and got ready for bed. They get to have a sleepover with us. 

Friday:

Had to wake them up to get her ready for school. Those make ahead, easy traveling breakfasts comes in handy for a morning commute,

Business in the front, party in the back. Breakfast of champions and Curious George on the TV. School mornings do not have to be chaotic. Make ahead breakfasts make it easier. It's about planning, organization and time management.


I got her to school and had to paint her nose before she went inside. 

Rockin' Rockin' Rudolph. ♥️


Little sissy wanted one too


Me and Caroline got back home and we did some school and just  playing.  Before we knew it, it was naptime.  After naptime, we employed some more and I started taking down Fall decorations. Sissy came home with Daddy. They all went to feed the cows. 

We started decorating for Christmas 🎄 

This is their favorite thing to do. My little Christmas village. 


That night we watched some Christmas movies with them. 

Deer horns, Rudolph horns, and unicorns kind of night.



Christmas sprinkles on our waffles kind of morning


These girls woke up at 6am on a NON SCHOOL morning 🙄 because they were so excited that today was the day we get to bake Christmas treats and Nannys Christmas candy. 🎄 🍪🎂🍰🧁🍭🍬. They were raring and ready to go and I needed coffee ☕️, lots of coffee and a sugar rush. I think I nailed it. 🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤 That girl took my microphone away from me not just once but twice. 🤣🤣🤣

They didn't even give me time to get ready so you will see bed head. So it's a pj, messy hair don't care, rocking out to Christmas music, dancing, singing, jamming kind of morning.  My living room is a mess and then we cut snowflakes and painted pictures. 🎨 It will get cleaned later. It's the memories and the fun that counts.


Well, we partied til we dropped.


We got to squeeze in a tea party before it was time to go home 



We had such a fun day. They cried because they weren't ready to go home. 😭 But they were going to get to decorate their Christmas tree at home too. 

The rest of the night I just relaxed and rested. This Gmaw was wore out. 

Sunday:

I was suppose to go to church this morning but was having trouble with my RA and was just feeling under the weather. I know I should have just toughed it out and went because I know I would have received a blessing. I was extremely lazy and barely got supper done but I did it. It was an easy supper because we had already slow cooked a pork butt and we had some left overs. I made:


I guess canning all week and then the weekend with the grands wore me out. Time for this ole gal to rest I guess. 

I hope you have enjoyed reading about our week. I hope I didn't bore you. 

Until next week, have a blessed day and week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment