Monday, December 12, 2022

Another Week of Work

 Monday:

Dear hubby put supper in the crockpot while I was busy doing something else. 

Roughly $15.50 Meal For Two Nights:

2 1/2 lbs chuck roast for $4.47 a lb. ($11.17)

1/2 lb bag Carrots for $.98 lb ($.50)

8 oz package of mushrooms for $1.12 

1 lb bag of small red potatoes for $1.99 bag. ($2). 

SHOP THE SALES!!!!!




I have been kind of emotional today because all I could do during this whole process is pray, "Dear Lord, don't let the mess these up!". If you know what this is , then you know. I am making Nannys Christmas Candy. 🎄  After tasting some, a few, ok, several, I was transported back in time when she made them. It is Heavenly.  They turned out good and I could have shouted from the roof top. If David had not have been here I probably would. I still have more to make.



Low to no sugar peanut butter balls, because everybody deserves some Christmas candy.


Worked on some more sweet potatoes. Dear hubby went and bought some more stuff on sale. He bought some blocks of mozzarella cheese so we could shred it and package it. He bought some mushrooms and we repackaged those too.  He bought some beef roasts and we took out 2 1/2 lbs for supper as seen above. He got a few 1lb bags of little red potatoes.  We used one bag for supper and the rest I will can. 

We were so exhausted by night. We rested and watched TV until bedtime. 

Tuesday:

I got up and made me a little breakfast. He just needed a few more minutes to sleep. 

My day was full of still canning and making Christmas candy so I need a good quick breakfast full of protein. This is my go to sometimes and it literally takes around 5 minutes. 

Take 1 egg and add a splash of milk and beat real good. At this point, you can add anything you want to to make it even better. I chose cheese 🧀 You can add greens like finely chopped spinach, kale, arugula etc. You can add a finely chopped vegetable like onion, pepper, pimento etc. You can add a meat for extra protein. Finely chopped cooked sausage, bacon, diced ham, etc. Put in the microwave, be sure to cover with something like a paper towel, cook for 1 to 1 minute 30 seconds. (You want the middle done). Then gently scrape out of the bowl onto bread, bagel, English muffin, biscuit or even a Hamburger bun. 🍔 Viola' enjoy. No messy Frying pan or messy kitchen. You're welcome . 😊







I got busy finishing the sweet potatoes and working on more candy. 

Dear hubby Worked on the cheese and mushrooms. 

After naptime, we were finishing up potatoes and got them all done.  Phew, 100lbs put up.  

Then I got a phone call. 

Posted with permission. I would covet your prayers for my sweet little momma who is my best friend. We received word that she has three blood clots in her chest and her dr has put her on complete rest. He has already started a blood thinner regiment immediately and in hopes this medication will dissolve them. If she notices any change or has any trouble, she is to go straight to the ER. 

I am a little mentally numb at the moment but my momma is the strong one as she always has been. Right now she needs some rest. 

We finished supper, cleaned the kitchen and I just needed to sit down and clear my head and pray. 

Wednesday:

First thing I did when I woke up was call my momma and check on her. She is doing good. She is resting but it's driving her crazy already.  She's doing things slowly. My daddy is taking good care of her. The dr is going to keep her on these blood thinners for a while. 

Thursday:

I had to run errands and then I went to our Son and Daughter in Laws place. She wanted me to help her clean because they want to host a Christmas get together there. This is my Mother in Laws home and this will be the first time we have gathered there since her passing. She wanted it to be really nice and she wanted me to help her go through some things in the house. I was so exhausted and sore when I got home, could hardly move or walk. But she was happy and relieved. 

Friday:

Rested and cleaned up a little 

Saturday: 

Hunted most of the day. I made up a jingle:

Sitting in my deer blind

As toasty as can be,

Drinking my coffee

In hopes that I don't have to pee. 



I also canned some red new potatoes that dear hubby brought home from the store. 


Sunday:

Went to church and then hunted again the rest of the day. 

My mother is doing pretty good except for being bored to death.  We are hoping the blood thinners dissolves the blood clots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment