Sunday, October 30, 2022

Happy Halloween

 

I've seen this circling around Facebook and just have to say something.  

Yes, I did the door to door thing when I was little and it was awesome. It was a different time and Era. 

But #1, alot of people don't live in a subdivision or any houses real close to them. They live in the boonies. Gas is too high to drive door to door and inconvenient to get in and out so much. The kids would get tired of that after about 3 or 4 times. 

#2, today we live in a world that has become evil and unsafe. Period. You want to have fun and worry free, but there is always that one that is going to destroy that fun. You do not know who you can trust anymore. 

So I will say this, I am so thankful for churches and coordinators in communities who come up with creative ways to help our children have fun in a safe environment. Hope everyone has fun this weekend. Happy Halloween 🎃

2 comments:

  1. I never went trick or treating as a kid. We lived in the country, not many neighbors and no one did it.
    I agree, that times have really changed. I think the trunk or treat thing is a great option.

    ReplyDelete