Monday, September 27, 2021

Spoiling My Sweetheart

 I really enjoy spoiling my sweetheart. And I think he's getting use to this. 

I have spent the last three hours prepping his grab and go breakfasts and snacks for the next week to week and a half. I made supper and dessert. And his  lunch is already packed for tomorrow. ❤❤❤🥰😇🍎🍳🥓🍝🎒 His pasta is in another container. 



I threw in an apple and some chips too. 

I went grocery shopping for the week this morning and came back and made dear hubby some sausage, egg and cheese biscuits, and some eggs bites for his breakfasts  for the next few weeks. I individually wrapped them and put them in the fridge.  All I have to do is grab one out and put in his lunch box. 

You can make any kind of make ahead breakfast sandwich. You can use any meat, cheese. And you can use any kind of bread like biscuits, bagels, English muffins, nann bread, crossicants, etc. 



I reserved some of the egg mixture and added some smoked sausage, spinach and cheese and baked. I also like to pour my egg mixture into a casserole dish and bake it. Then all you do is cut into squares or you can use a glass or biscuit cutter to cut them round shape. 


Then I made his snacks. I made turkey and cheese pinwheels, ham and cheese pinwheels and Pimento and cheese pinwheels. I can take some out and put in a small container for each day. Then I washed our fruit and veggies.



 


I just layered the tortillas with meat, cheese and mayo. Then rolled and sliced. You can make any variation you like. 



I then made our supper. Last night I fixed penne pasta and it was delicious. If you get tired of left overs, repurpose them. I took the pasta and turned it into a pasta bake. Just add some more sauce to freshen it up, layer into a baking dish, spread mozzarella cheese on top and bake until the cheese is good and bubbly. 


Then I made dessert. If this turns out half as good as Nannys,  I will be one proud and happy Daughter in law. I have never made it before. If you know Nanny, you know. ❤❤❤ It is her chocolate surprise. Everyone loves her desserts. 


I am exhausted but happy. I love serving and taking care of my sweetheart.  


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I make a breakfast and pack my husband's breakfast and lunch every work day. He can't have sweets, but real fruit on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i try to put a little of everything in there for him. Hes at a place where he has a microwave. The real challenge if when they dont have a microwave. I learned alot of lunch ideas for kids, teens, college kids and even grown ups from a channel I follow called the Family Fudge. Her name is Jennifer Fudge and on her channel she has videos called Bunches of Lunches. She is awesome. She even comes up with hot lunch ideas for when they dont have a microwave. Its pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete