Sunday, September 12, 2021

Grandparents Day 2021

 Today is Grandparent Day 2021. It is always the first Sunday after Labor Day. 

Grandparents  Day 2021

These people right here will never know how much they molded and shaped my life. My summers were awesome and I never wanted to go home. I miss them more every day because now I know what "grandparent" means. I would give anything if I could sit and talk to them again.  In memory of Bennie and Dorothy Oliver and Ma and Pa Flanagin.


Grandparents Day 2021. Our boys are very blessed to have these grandparents  in their lives. They have helped mold and  shape them just  as we have minus the butt whoopings. When  we had kids, I made a promise  that our kids would have just as good of a relationship with their grandparents as I did with mine and I made sure of it and still do. It's  called taking them to visit. Don't  rob your parents of a relationship  with your kids. It's  not fair to them. In honor of Thomas and Janice Flanagin, Carol Dixon aka, Grandmother, and Virginia Dixon, aka Nanny.


Happy Grandparents Day to this wonderful Poppie.

I'm so glad these two little girls have this man as their poppie. One day they will say the same thing. He loves them to the moon and back and they will never want for anything. They are poppies princesses. Thank you David Dixon for being the best.



Grandparents Day 2021

I use to get on to my momma when she would let our boys get away with things that she would have burnt my butt up for. Then she would say those words, "Well, it's  different!" Well, now I know what she means. You love your kids, but there is just something about those grandkids. I'm glad we are getting to see our kids have kids. Well, one right now. Dallas Dixon your day will come, just don't  get into a hurry. It is a blessing to see your kid be a good parent. That means all those years of fussing and fighting with them paid off. I hope  God blesses us with as many grandchildren as he sees fit. They will truly be loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment