Thursday, September 2, 2021

Missing In Action

 I'm sorry I've been missing in action the past week.  I've just been giving my sweetheart all my attention and he is loving it.  

Over the past weekend, dear hubby had to go home for one day to take care of some business for his birth mother who passed away recently. I didn't go with him because he left and then spent one night and came right back.  My poor ankle and knee would not let me make the trip. The sneaky thing got to ear supper with our little buddies and love on them. They were so excited to see Poppie and of course wanted to know where I was. So he let them video call me. 🥰 . He got home and got to have some one on one time with Dallas and watched a movie with him. The next morning he took care of business and then headed right back here. 

These girls love their Poppie


Dakota was on standby for his crew to leave to go to LA  for relief efforts for Hurricane Ida. So many power companies from many different surrounding counties,  cities, even other states responded and had already left and was waiting on the storm so they could already be there. Dakotas crew did not have to leave. Reports say there were two linemen from  a company in AL that lost their lives due to electrical shock.  Even our linemen needs prayer anytime they are called out. 

I have been in another book by Elizabeth George.  I love her writings. I have let some young ladies, that are friends with our oldest son, borrow some of my books after I read them or they want to know the title and they just go buy themselves one. They love the books too. I'm so glad I can share what I have learned and then a younger generation glean from it. Just like it says in the Bible.  They older shall teach the younger women. 

Oh, and Guys, women aren't the only ones who can benefit from a good book. Especially if it improves your way of life. ❤❤


One night I  made a new dish that we really enjoyed and he had left overs to take to work and he bragged to his coworkers. 

It is called One Pot Enchiladas. Or Lazy Enchiladas. Just the ingredients you see. Brown the ground beef, drain, then throw everything in and let simmer. Cut the tortillas into small squares. Wholah. 


Last night we were going to go to dinner and then a movie but dear hubby was having an off day with his sugar so we just made it to our most favorite place to eat. 


We switched movie night to tonight. We had left overs from our dinner out last night so I added salads to it and some fresh garlic knots. 


Then we headed to the movies. 


Dear hubby is enjoying all this attention and getting up together having coffee in the mornings. He said his day goes much better. ❤ 

I'm not really knowing what to do with my free time. 😁. 

I went to town yesterday and they have started stocking for Christmas with their toys.  So next time the girls come out,  I will take them to let them spend their bday money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment