Monday, February 15, 2021

Our Morning So Far

 This is our morning so far. It has been sleeting and freezing πŸ₯Ά crystals all night. 



It did this all night and Dakota got called out onto some calls. This poor mom has been worried. 

We have groceries,  heat and power. Some people don't have that. 

Our inclement weather is different. We don't get snow.  We get freezing rain or sleet and then there is what is called black ice. You can drive on snow but you can't drive on ice. My sons father in law has been very busy pulling people out of ditches trying to drive on this stuff. 

I'm glad we were prepared. 

Wether like this is why you don't want to make fun of people for wanting to be prepared. Got my milk and bread a few days ago. πŸ˜‹  The last thing you want is to be stranded at home with no groceries.  Got to feed your family and be prepared. Better to be safe than sorry. πŸ˜πŸ˜’πŸ˜›

Dear hubby had to go to his mommas house and check on the pipes to make sure they weren't froze. 

3:30pm and it's coming down hard. It has been a few years since we have had a good winter. I froze my tooshie off getting the snow and ice away from the bottom of the back door so we could get it open. 







This is the first time I have ever had very severe dry skin. It is awful. Here in the south we are use to some kind of humidity or moisture in the air even in the winter.  But this year my skin has been so dry and cracked. I've tried several lotions and nothing has worked until I started using Baby Oil. So much better. And let's not even talk about hair πŸ™„.  

We crank the vehicles once a day and let them run for a bit because it is so frozen outside. Yes,  Elsa, the cold πŸ₯Ά bothers me. 

Cowboys 🀠 gotta go out and take care of dogs πŸ•


I pulled out some rolls to defrost and rise that I flash froze a month ago and we're gonna have those with spaghetti bake. A good way to utilize left overs is to repurpose  them. Get creative. Left over spaghetti 🍝? Spread out into a casserole dish,  spread mozzarella cheese πŸ§€on top and bake. Wholah 






I'm trying to get a fire πŸ”₯ going to get these guys warmed when they come in from doing farm 🚜 chores.  


Every body is inside now and toasty. Just  gonna enjoy our night and stay warm and cozy. 

I know there are people without power right now and electrical workers are out there doing their best. Please be patient with them and pray for them. Also, we pray for the ones that are without power. πŸ™. Check on your neighbors.  


No comments:

Post a Comment