Wednesday, April 29, 2020

I Did A Thing Today

Well, I'm gonna try it. Old timers said it can be done, and they did, so I did too. The purple is coleslaw. Yes, you can, can coleslaw. And the one on the right is sauerkraut. You're welcome. 

You can, can coleslaw.  Old timers have done it for years.
Here is the directions to follow:


Click on the images and zoom in so you can see better
 For the coleslaw, when you get ready to eat it, open the jar and drain the liquid. Then you can add your mayonnaise,  vinaigrette dressing or any dressing you put in yours.

 I want to do a fermented version too. My MaMa Oliver did fermented sauerkraut all the time.  I just have to research it some more on how to do it.
I know that by canning it doesn't have as much probiotics in it, but I like the shelf stable life with canning. I only have so much room in my fridge to ferment some. I have planted about 36 cabbage plants and will need to put them up somehow. 😱😊
This also has apple cider vinegar in it too so that may be a plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment