Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mothers Day 2020





I’m paying tribute to two beautiful women today for Mother’s Day. I am who I am today because of them. Their prayers helped me make it through life.
My momma: God bless her. She raised us in a Christian home and I have heard her sing all my life. She was a Preachers daughter. She had devotions with us prayed with us, and over us all our lives. And still does. She worked hard to always make sure we had what we needed. Even if it meant two jobs. We were never hungry. We always had clothes to wear, alot which were hand made by her and my grandmother. They put alot of love into those garments. I felt the love in my mommas hands and hugs. I always felt safe and secure with her. She made home a home. She also had her share of tough love for me. Yes, I got my butt whooped alot and should have gotten more to be honest. She was tough and still is. She didn’t take any crap and still want. She sacrificed alot of things just to protect us and provide for us.
Still, today, she is amazing and one of my best friends. We love the days we get together and make the most of it. I can call her anytime and she will listen, let me vent, yell, cry, and get things off my chest, then she prays with me or for me.
She is graceful, but a force to be reckoned with. She is one of my heroes.
The next is my Ma Ma Oliver. My grandmother. Boy, how I miss her. Even when I got older, I always went to visit, and she always made my favorites to eat. I made sure my children knew her.
She was raised in a Christian home and was a very Godly woman. Talk about a Proverbs 31 woman. I don’t ever recall seeing her angry. Maybe a hissy fit or two, but never angry. She was a gentle kind soul who loved God, family and everyone. She was a prayer warrior. I would spend every summer with my grandparents. They taught me so much.
She put love into everything from house work, cooking, cleaning, gardening, animals, sewing, you name it. My momma says I am my grandmothers child. I patterned my life after her and I get my old fashioned ways from her. She was a gracious preacher’s wife and served the Lord and the church. I miss her dearly and wish I could visit so bad. I’d make sure my grandkids knew her.
These two wonderful women are the reason why I do what I do.


Two of my greatest blessings call me Mom. I prayed for children and God heard. Everything I have done all these years have been for y’all. I may not have done it or do it the way you want, but hey, you’re still alive and loved. 
We may argue, fuss, fight, and aggravate but in the end, we are a team. Y’all have given me more scares, heart aches, gray hair and hurt feelings than I can count but my love will never change. At the same time, y’all have done things that have made me so proud and overjoyed that I just had to shout it to the world.
I know I’m strict and old fashioned but I think y’all may get it now. I know I have screwed up sometimes and I know I have failed sometimes as a mother, but it’s not because I didn’t try. I look back alot of times and ask myself where I went wrong.
Y’all are prayed for daily and loved so much. You will never know. Maybe one day when y’all are older. God gave me a high calling as being a mother and i will do it to the best of my ability until he calls me home.
Always remember, I would lay down my life for either of you. I love y’all.



I have the greatest mother in law ever. I can’t say I have known her all my life but for 29 years I’ve know her to be a God fearing, Godly woman. She’s one tough cookie but with a heart of gold. She has always put others before herself. From what I know she has done this for a very long time. I am glad she raised this man here. He loves her and will do his very best to care for her.
She has always taken care of her children and raised them to be who they are. She has always sacrificed her needs for the sake of her family. You can’t keep this woman down. God is on her side.


Happy mother’s day to a wonderful young lady. The mother of our little grand blessings. I know it’s not easy with these Dixon men, but you have proved yourself quite well. You are slowly but surely passing the test. 
You are a great mom and kind hearted and most of all patient. That’s what it takes. Thank you for loving our girls and raising them. Jocelyn Dixon we love you.

And these two made me a grandmother. Just when I thought my heart couldn’t get any fuller. They melt my heart and keep my young. We may not always see eye to eye but they are my little buddies and I know they love me.
We have so much fun together and I want to teach them all I can. They will always know Gmaw will be here for them.
When they run to you and holler,  "Gmaw, Gmaw,Gmaw" and hold their arms open for you to hug them,  PRICELESS.  and then they melt my heart when they say, "I love you Gmaw!" I just crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment