Thursday, October 17, 2024

You Asked, I Delivered

 I recently posted a Hey, Gmaw, What's For Supper post. You can read it  Here

After that post, I have had several people email me and want to know how I canned my caramelized onions and butternut squash.  

Here are two videos that are very detailed and gives full instructions on how to do so. 







If you would like a readable version, you can read about it Here on our Canning and Preserving page 

As far as the steaks, that is a specialty of dear hubbies that he makes his own itilian groud sausage from and so far he has not done a video on it. I will be working on him (encouraging) to possibly making a video next time he makes some for our freezer. It may take a lot of persuasion and sweet talking but I think he might oblige. Lol 😆 🤣 😂 

I hope you find some ideas on how you can preserve some of these delicious goodies for you and your family. If you would like to learn how to start growing these delicious goodies, feel free to  Check out our Gardening Page here and read all about it. 

If you are interested in getting into canning and want to know what kind of equipment I use, feel free to check out our Amazon Storefront here and find my Canning and Preserving List. On it you will find everything that I use in my own kitchen and I stand behind the quality of the products. 

4D Farms is an affiliate with Amazon and when you make a purchase, we do receive a small commission at no cost to you. You benefit from the savings. And we appreciate your support for our farm. 

If you want to start learning how to Can and Preserve so much more and want visual versions, I have a whole Canning and Preserving Playlist on YouTube here where you can watch all videos of all the things we preserve. Also included is a couple of vidoes of explaining how canning works,  busting some myths, and equipment you will need to get started. So much information.  

If you want to start growing your own garden and be getting ready for next spring, I also have videos on our YouTube channel on my Gardening Playlist that you can watch here 

It is my hope you find much inspiration and knowledge to be able to be self sufficient for you and your family. 

If you are not able to grow a garden, there are always ways to still stock your pantries and freezers and Preserve these items just by purchasing items from local farms,  farmers markets, and shopping the sales at your local grocery stores. We do this sometimes for things we either can't grow in our garden or do not have the extra space or energy for a particular year in our garden 😉.  For instance, I can't grow carrots for the life of me. I have tried many different methods and have not had any success. So, here I go to our local grocery stores and pick those babies up when they are on sale and buy them in bulk, bring them home and then process them. Beans is another good example. They are cheap and someone else did all the labor of growing. 

I always say, where there is a will, there is a way. Be creative and do what you can. 

I have also just put new designs in our Merch Store you can find here. We have a Canning and Preserving and Gardening Collection.  I am loving creating and playing around with designs. We will be adding more in the coming weeks. Be sure to check out our store. The holidays are coming up. 

Be sure to chat with me in the comments and let me know what are some of your plans to becoming more self sufficient.  

Tracy 

Keeper of the Home 



No comments:

Post a Comment