Sunday, September 10, 2023

Happy Grandparents Day

 Happy Grandparents Day to all the awesome people who made our childhoods wonderful, happy, safe and secure. You helped shape and mold us and God knows we learned alot from you. I had the greatest and would give anything if I could still talk to them and visit. I could sit and listen to them all day long and never tire of it. They stood in the gaps and showed up when our parents needed them. They spoiled us and also took care of us. Showed us unconditional love. Guided and counseled us because they are from a generation who really knew best. 

Some of a child's best memories are about their grandparents. Mine sure is. We had an awesome time. 

We vowed that when our kids had kids we would do the exact same thing and we are so honored to be in this category in our lives. I wouldn't give anything for it.  

I use to get on to my momma when she would let our boys get away with things that she would have burnt my butt up for. Then she would say those words, "Well, it's  different!" Well, now I know what she means. You love your kids, but there is just something about those grandkids. I'm glad we are getting to see our kids have kids. It is a blessing to see your kid be a good parent. That means all those years of fussing and fighting with them paid off. I hope  God blesses us with as many grandchildren as he sees fit. They will truly be loved. ❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment