Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year

 I hope everyone enjoyed their New Year. 

I truly hope and it is my prayer that each and every one of you have a very happy and blessed new year and may you find happiness. It can start by simply drawing closer to God, praying,  following his leadership (not your will), and trusting.

We rang in the new year by making Poppie some peanut butter balls that are his favorite that his momma always made him.  😋  And some were licked with ❤ 😍 😅😅😅. Then we watched Clifford the Big Red Dog. Nope, I didn't start crying until Atleigh did. She is such a sensitive soul. Then we said our prayers and prayed that 2022 will be alot better. 


We woke up this morning and we got the first snuggles of the year. 


One of my presents for Christmas was a Keurig that can make the froth for Latees and Cappuccinos. I need to learn how to make the little heart 💕 but it will be ok. No, that is not a bottle of alcohol, it is Hazelnut syrup that is sugar free to flavor our coffees. I love it 😀


This has been a good week with our girls. It was like it use to be and I have to say I miss it. Atleigh asked me why I had to start going to work with Poppie and I had to explain to her that Poppie is tired of being by himself and he wanted me to be with him so I could take care of him. I asked her would she like for me to take care of her Poppie for her and she said yes. We have always had this planned as soon as our last kid graduated high school. Bless her little heart she wasn't prepared. She loves staying with us and so does Caroline. 

Due to some unpleasant issues with Dakotas babysitter he had, we have to find someone else. We have to make a decision as to how we are going to handle it. Let's just say, it is hard to trust people these days and to know that your children are taken care of. This is why I did always keep our girls.  My son and ex daughter in law knew I took care of them and they never had to worry about anything. We are searching recommendations at the moment but I will go back to helping until it is time for us to leave again. 


Some days just call for some board games. Candyland, Farming Game Kids, and a little fishing. We love doing school, playing games, reading and then just playing. 😊


All week they did nothing but eat eat eat eat. Quesadillas, noodles, peppers with ranch, chips, and fruit roll ups. Sounds like a good lunch to me. These girls have ate and ate and ate and ate........oh, and fruit. They can have all they want.


The girls had a follow up dr appt and I took them to it so mommy or daddy wouldn't have to take off work to do it. So we had a girls day out.  


I ordered some books for our girls from an author that I love. Her name is Elizabeth George.  I have read alot of her books for women and there is more I'm going to order but she also has some for little girls and teenagers and young women. He husband is also a writer and has books for little boys, teenage boys, young men and men. Very good Christina books. We read these books at naptime or bedtime when they spend the night. 


Today has just been a lazy day. It has been raining. We had plans after Dakota came to pick up girls but the weather turned bad. 

We are just going to spend the rest of the night watching all the football bowl games. 🏈 


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I'm sorry to hear about sitter issues. I can only imagine how hard that is to deal with.

    ReplyDelete