Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Tidbits

 Yesterday was nothing special. I got up like normal and waited on our girls to get here. Well, when I saw it was past the time  for their mom to be here, I knew she was running late. 

They finally got here and we ate breakfast.  We played for a bit. Atleigh was in a mood to where she just wanted to play alone. I had to encourage Caroline to give sissy her space. It was getting nap time so we read a Bible story and laid down.  Caroline slept on her bed this time. I was so proud of her. 

We got up, had a snack and we just had to get outside. We bundled up and went out for a walk and then we brought in some sweet potatoes to process. I'm late doing that and the cold temps have gotten to them a bit. They are getting soft. So priority is finishing them this week. 




Today, I had a dr appt to get blood work done.  Dear hubby had to have an eye exam for his clearing on the next plant he goes to. So after that we just mozied on down the road a bit and ran some errands and visited with my momma and daddy. We got back to our town and grabbed a late lunch. We got home and passed out. We were so tired. 

Tonight I'm going to bake up a batch of sweet potatoes that I brought in yesterday and make puree and put them into bags into the freezer for baking.  Tomorrow I plan on canning the rest. 

I will have to be a better steward of my potatoes next year. This was only  my second time growing sweet potatoes.  I didn't really notice any difference in the taste of them after letting them cure for weeks. So next year I will dig a few plants up at a time and process them til eventually all are processed. 

We heard from Dakota on his hunting trip. They are having a good time and I am so glad. He hasn't got to go duck hunting in a few years. He has missed it. The guy lives to duck hunt. He was blowing a duck call when he was 7 months old. He traded me his pacifier for it. He hasn't looked back since. 




Well, I've had me a second round of coffee and now I need to get this bucket done. 


2 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me think we should try and plant sweet potatoes this year, our space is limited so I'm not sure. Sounds fun and it's a rare thing that every single one of us likes to eat (except my youngest only eats them *shudder* raw). It's gray and blah here today so maybe researching what to plant in our garden will be a fun and uplifting thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be growing them again next yr. I will make some changes though. They are very low maintenance, just weeding.

      Delete