Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The Big 18

 Even though our family is amidst grieving over the loss of dear hubby's mother,  we are dedicating today to our youngest who is so over the moon with turning 18. He is a man now and there is no telling what he's liable to do. I guess we will just see. I say that jokingly, but deep down I'm kinda hesitant. 🀣🀣πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ










So Dakota decided he wanted a baby, and 18 yrs ago today he got one.  He is his brothers keeper for sure. Dallas is one blessed feller. 

You know that song,  Bad To The Bone? Well, I think they wrote it just for this guy. He is a cross between Chuck Norris and Johnny Cash. πŸ₯‹πŸŽ΅

 His personality consists of, stubbornness,  hard headed, truthful (even if it hurts your feelings), a good debater (he can argue with a brick wall), independent (wants to do things his way), flies by the seat of his pants and on the wings of my prayers kind of guy, logical (he can talk about anything from politics to religion, to guns and ammo), however, I need to find a box of common sense on sale( he just lives in the moment, there is no telling what hes gonna do next), private, tough exterior(no bullying him). But at the same time, honest (even if it lands him in trouble,  he cowboys up and takes his punishment),🀠,loyal(you got a friend in him), sensitivπŸ¦„, soft interior (he wouldn't want you to know that)πŸ₯€ determined(more like stubborn and hard headed),  moody ( he could have been a girl), πŸ‘Έ witty(no telling what hes liable to say),goofy 🀑(only I get his dry sense of humor sometimes), and has a protective instinct (Silence! He will kill you!) and an "I got this"   or "I'll figure it out" mentality (usually after 10000s of times), I did not get gray hair from being a Gmaw. If ever a kid has made me step up my game on parenting, it's this guy. Phew! 🀦‍♀️  

These are all good qualities that gets him into a little trouble right now,  but someday, out in the real world  he will do great. 

Seasons and change has come into his life at times to where he's had to improvise, overcome and adapt. He will have the hang of this when he goes into the USMC one day just like dad. πŸ‡±πŸ‡·πŸ‡±πŸ‡·πŸ‡±πŸ‡·

Maybe someday he will finish unfinished business. πŸ₯‹πŸ₯Š

I always prayed that God would use my boys and they would have a great testimony, but didn't know how much my patience would be tested and that I'd hit my knees in prayer more. This one has made me laugh,πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ made me cry,😭😭😭 made me scream, 😀😑😱made me want to pull my hair out, pray the hardest, πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™and longest soooooo....his testimony better be GREAT.  

But you know what I like most about this guy? HE'S MINE!!!!!!  He is just like me and my mini me. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have on my team or have my back. 

Son, always do the RIGHT thing, always trust God to lead and guide you. I want you to dream big, but at the same time play it smart and safe. 

I hope you have a very Happy birthday πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

We love you very much and never forget that.  We just want the best for you and for you  to grow into a respectable man full of honor,  dignity and integrity.  Always do your best even if you don't  know why you're doing it. 

We love you son. HAPPY BIRTHDAY


We went in this morning and woke him up. 

No more sleeping in, you're 18 now. Welcome to adulthood.  πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ🀣🀣


We all got dressed and took him to brunch. We played a few games of pool. 


I don't ever win anything. But I W0N.  🀣🀣 . It took me 20 tries to chase that little black ball around.


We got back home and we all took naps. Dear hubby has not slept good the past few days. He is getting wore out. 

Dallas got up and got ready because he started a new job today. Yep, he decided he wanted to get him a night shift job. 😴 He says he has trouble sleeping anyway so he wants to try it. Who knows, it may be right up his alley. He may pull this off. My biggest worry is how he is going to be able to sleep with two toddlers running around. πŸƒ‍♀️πŸ˜…  we may have to get him something to stuff in his ears or something. He also said when he gets off work he can probably go to grandmothers house and sleep, then come home. This is a good option since she doesn't need to be alone now. We will just have to play this out.

He wants to be treated more like a man and we totally get it. He wants to earn his man card and right of passage into adulthood.  That's what we have been trying to raise him to do for 18 yrs. It's hard as parents to let go of our children and them go out into the real world. 

He will not get off work until the morning, so it is just me and dad the rest of the night. 


3 comments:

  1. He's a good looking young man! Happy 18th birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy very belated birthday to your son! And I'm sorry I missed the earlier post about you losing your husband's mother. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope things have gone well for you this week.

    ReplyDelete