Sunday, May 10, 2020

Canning Marathon


I have been so busy canning here lately.  I do this every year to stock our pantries. Has nothing to do with the pandemic. I've been doing this for years. Carrots,  more cole slaw and sauerkraut,  and potatoes. I tried something different with our potatoes this year. I dry canned them. They are suppose to come out to not be so mushy if you pack with water.





I am going to try my hand at canning rice sometime.


Slowly but surely getting there.


Me and the girls are rocking right along. Mommy took her last exam for the year.





We had a girls night one night and they spent the night with me. I had a pic of me and Poppie and a pic of just Poppie on a night stand beside the bed. They grabbed those pics and hugged and kissed them and told Poppie goodnight. I melted my heart.

Poppie got me part of my Mother's Day. He found this stool for us. These girls will fight over one stool and push and shove and want to be beside Gmaw in the kitchen.  So he fixed that problem. ❤

One morning they came to eat breakfast and I put them to work.  No, really,  they wanted to help Gmaw of course. They made biscuits with supervision.  And wanted to wash dishes. 




Dallas is done with school. He has turned in all his work to his teachers.  This is a page from the year book at school. He is an FFA member.



I had two more rows of corn to plant and I planted some sunflowers too. I've got to replace some tomato plants due to weather.  But not as bad as I thought. We have got to find some sweet potatoe slips and plant two more rows of corn then we are done planting. 
It has been an exhausting week. 

Dad got to come home. The job is done for the summer but he will have to go back end of summer for a small project. But for now, we are going to enjoy every minute. I can't understand people complaining about being home with their spouse or kids during this pandemic. Oh well, that's a whole other soap box. 




No comments:

Post a Comment