Monday, November 6, 2023

Preserve Those Pumpkins Don't Let Them Go To Waste

 So, do you have any plans for all those pumpkins you bought to decorate your home and porch with for Halloween? Well, in case you don't have a clue, I do. I have a video on our YouTube channel where I show you how I break down pumpkins we grew, and I canned some and made puree to freeze for baking. It is the perfect time of year to start using pumpkins to use in your holiday baking. Oh all the pumpkin pies, breads, muffins, waffles, and pancakes you can make. Delicious. If you don't want to preserve and consume them, still put them to use by throwing them out for the wildlife like birds, deer, racoons, opossums, and squirrels. Better yet, you can give it to your livestock like chickens, goats, sheep, pigs, horses and cows. Did you know that pumpkin seeds are a natural de-wormer in livestock. So, yes, by all means do    SOMETHING  with those big boogers. Don't let them go to waste. 

If you want to preserve them you can watch my video here:



No comments:

Post a Comment