Tuesday, August 15, 2023

I Am Still Here

 Just letting everyone know, we are still here. We are in the throws of canning season and wrapping up our garden season. The corn, Zucchini and squash are done. We had an excellent harvest with those.  Okra is still coming strong and we are getting a lot. We have been enjoying some fried and granddaughters are loving the ones I pickled. 😋.  We went ahead and harvested the onions. They didn't get very big but next year I will plant them in a row or raised bed by themselves.  The okra stalks smothered them out a bit and over shadowed them. I am harvesting pumpkins and butternut squash and I have a new video on the butternut squash.  


We are working on the pumpkins now and will have a video soon. 

The green beans are still going strong. 

We are harvesting some tomatoes and I will add a new video to our playlist soon too. 

Also some peppers and how we preserve them. 

School has also started and those busy mornings and evenings are chaotic. Parents have to be on their way or already at work before the school opens for drop off, so I help get the oldest to school and the youngest stays with me since she is PreK. I help pick her up in the afternoons and have fun and treats before they have to go home. I help with homework also. This is not my first rodeo. Anything I can do to help. That's just what grandparents do. 

The youngest and I will do some kind of job first to start our day right after we leave the school drop off line. It can be canning something, cooking or baking something or cleaning something.  Then we will do school. One morning I let her make her Poppie some pecan muffins all by herself and I tell you what, we devoured them. She did a great job. 

I have enjoyed this summer with our grandchildren and teaching them all I could. Why school has to start so early around here I don't know but it messes my time up with them. When I was in school we didn't start until September and still got out in May. Oh well. 










The oldest ones school teacher has an app where parents and grandparents can sign up to receive notifications of progress, grades, upcoming events, what they are learning and just what they are doing in the classroom.  



She has made some little friends. 

We have had some unexpected and unusual storms come through the last month and our oldest son has not had much rest or got to spend alot of time with his family. We have pop up showers and thunderstorms out of no where. One minute the sun is shining and we get in the pool and bam, clouds come and then thunder and lightning. We have to get out and come in. Phooey.  

Cows are going strong. We have 3 confirmed pregnant and the momma and baby are doing fine now. The guys are putting up more fencing on the property to expand their grazing. 

I hope this catches everyone up and let you know I'm still here, it's just been busy the past month. I will keep hanging in there until things slow down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment