Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Weekly Ramblings

 Sorry I didn't get to post last week. 

We were busy all week with granddaughters. School runs, and the other one home with me everyday entertaining each other. 😁

They had been sick all week, but we were trying to hang in there. They coughed their heads off and we went through boxes of kleenexes but at least they weren't running any fever. 

I guess Poppie makes her feel better than I do. Nothing like poppie snuggles, and warm echinachea tea with honey for your cold and throat.


When she tells you how to fix her hair for school, you try your best. ❤️👸 yes Princess.


Caroline was not feeling good a few days. 

Me: Let Gmaw get something to eat and we can do whatever you want. 

Caroline: Can you hurry and eat so we can read books?

Well, we're off to read 

100 books. Starting with book 1. ❤️❤️



I love teaching phonics. 


She is getting better spelling and writing her name. ❤️❤️ we have done letters and numbers this week.


We had to keep Atleigh home from school one day because they lost sleep the night before coughing all night. So we read more books. 


I have been working on Psalm 23 teaching it to the girls and they are doing great. 

We celebrated my daddys 79th birthday. 

My sweet daddy is 79 today. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. He is also our dear Poppa ❤️. Happy birthday to you today. We love you.



Friday night came and we wanted to take them out to eat for Valentines since they wouldn't be here for Valentines day. 



When we got back, we got ready to watch a movie and eat popcorn. They spent the night. 

The next morning, they were kind of irritable because of their colds so.....

What do you do when it's dreary and cold outside, every body is sick and irritable? You make Valentines cookies. Couldn't take pics of us because we were in our pj's and bed head hair. 😴 but 55 cookies made and decorated. These were for her class Valentines party. 




We all took a very long nap and daddy came to get them. He had been on call all week and weekend. 

I missed church Sunday morning because: 

The girls loved on us so much this weekend, they gave us their awful colds. 😖 We are too old for this. Oh well, maybe they feel better. 😏

This week is nothing but resting and trying to get better I guess. Dear hubby and I have been running a low grade fever and coughing. I get little spurts of energy and try to do something and then I start feeling bad. Eventually I will get my house clean. Lol. 

Maybe next week will get back to normal. We will see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment