Tuesday, November 22, 2022

They've Had A Workout

 My canners have literally got a work out today. Finishing up now. Here is the break down:


20 lbs of potatoes for $11.08 on sale yielded 17 qts of meals. I see fried potatoes, roasted potatoes, potato soup, mashed potatoes, throw in Soups and stews, and potato salad.


16 to 18 lbs of carrots at $1.48 for a 2 lb bag yielded 17 qts and one pint of meals. 

Glazed carrots, steamed carrots, Soups, stews and roasts, roasted carrots. 


One stalk celery for $.98, 2 qts. Stuffing, potatoe salad, cream of celery soup. 


Before the inflation, I have paid better prices. 


I'll show yall later what I did with the rest of the celery. I'm tired.


You can catch our Canning Carrots video and Canning Potatoes Two Ways on our channel. 

Keeper of the Home at 4D Farms

No comments:

Post a Comment