Tuesday, April 12, 2022

So Much Going On

 Well, we have had so much going on that I don't even know where to start. I have been sewing up a storm and enjoying it.  My seeing table and bow making station look awful but each day I sew, I try to get to a stopping place when it is time for me to cook and I cleanup real good. 


I have finished making 4 more shirts a piece for each girl. They are going to love them. 



I had so much fun using the embroidery features on my machine. I'm so glad I took that class. I'm not as intimidated anymore. They turned out good. I did each pocket of each shirt. 


One day it was storming so it was a perfect day for barefoot sewing. 


After I finished their shirts I moved on to some tshirt dresses. Heck, I may have to make me one or two. 

I ironed on the appliques and cut off where I wanted the waist line of the skirt to be, then got to sewing. This is also why you draw them off on a piece of paper is so you can have something to go by when they are not with you. Having their little frames on paper helped out so much. Lol. 


I practiced using some decorative stitches on my sewing machine and added to the hem. 


I also made some fabric bows to go on the dresses however, they were awfully heavy and I was afraid they would get tore off so I switched the bows out with different ones and put a different one on each one. (the pics are before I switched out bows). I took the fabric bows off and made hair bows with them. They turned out quite nice. And I made some more bows just for fun. 



Every ladies ensemble has to have matching accessories.LOL. 

I made some matching scrunchies for their shirts. 





I have plenty more projects and bows to make. 

Our kitchen project is going into phase two. Right now we just need to clean up and get ready for phase two. We've had a bit of a stall on upper cabinets because we've had to order a few at one place and a few at another. One place did not have all we needed and some had to be ordered. But that's OK, at least I will have a half functioning kitchen now and we can get out of this hotel  for a while. After the upper cabinets, then the counter tops will go in. We have to order those and they have to cut them for us. 


It is coming together pretty good. When it is time for phase two, we will probably have to leave again because I just can't handle all the noise,  banging, drilling , cutting, and the dust. But at least we can have a few good weeks at home. Just in time for Easter. 

We were talking to the girls one night video call and they didn't have much to say, just wanted me to watch them color. Lol. 



We are so excited because Dallas will be graduating April 21st and we can't wait. He is still in good spirits and is having fun. Ya'll, when we got this picture I literally was speechless (for once). All I could do was just sit and stare and wonder where my baby boy went to. Now he is man. I literally sat and cried. 


I'm going to use the last few days here finishing up, packing up and cleaning up. We will be so glad to get back into our own bed for a bit. Even if it is for just a few weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment