Wednesday, June 3, 2020

We Got Our Poppie Back


I swear I have not dropped off the face of the earth. We have just been so busy around here. 
First, Dear Hubby got to come home. His girls have missed him so much. The feeling was quite mutual. 





He has been helping me catch up on stuff around the house and garden. I love working in the garden with him.

He loves being on his tractor too. He is preparing a spot where we needed to lay some sod. He even took me for a ride. lol

This man had been missing my cooking and requested some of my homemade cinnamon rolls. I have tweeked the recipe and made a healthier version. I used oat and whole wheat flour and made a cream cheese frosting. The are delicious. Then Dallas wanted some chocolate chip pancakes. 

I have been trying to catch up on some reading. I love this book. I love all book on Proverbs 31 Woman or living virtuously, homemaking etc. 


I can't wait to start these books too. 



Our daughter in law celebrated her 21st bday and her mom took her on a trip to the set where they filmed Vampire Diaries. They love this show. 

While the mommies were gone, the daddies took the kids to the drive thru Safari Park. They loved it. It was good for the dads to have some one on one time with the kids. 



I have also been busy putting some things up in the freezer.  On our Canning and Preserving page I have listed my method of how I put up our potatoes different ways. 


So Dallas did a thing.  Of course I knew this was coming since he was 5 years old. He has entered a program for students that want to join the Marines but are under age. It is called a Delayed Entry Program. They help train them in physical fitness to get them ready for Boot Camp when they can legally join at 18. This has been his passion since he was a little boy. Every young boy has a dream to earn their right of passage into adulthood. Dakota had his way and this is Dallas' way. He wants to be so much like his dad. He wants to make dad so proud. We met with the recruiter and we signed his papers for him to enter the program. It is for a year. I believe this is good for Dallas because it will grow him and mature him. Trust me. I does. I have seen it in my Marine. He wanted dad to give him a crew cut. His first day of PT, he said he only died 4 times. lol  He will have PT two times a week during the summer and then it will change when school starts. 


The girls got me a charm for my bracelet for Mothers Day. I cried. I always cry. I'm an emotional cry baby. 

The girls got to  spend two weekends in a row with us. They literally clung to Poppie and forgot about me sometimes. lol. He so deserved this time with them. 








They have been so excited seeing things grow in the garden. They help me look every time they come over. 





Our first picking of 2020




The garden is coming along fine. 


Poppie bought us a tree stand of our very own last season so us girls could hunt our of. We need to get it up and ready for this fall so we can start teaching these girls. 




Every girl needs to learn how to drive a tractor too.

Enjoying some outdoor fun. 


We've spent the last 3 days laying sod in a section we had to finish just on one end of the house. We are not as young as we use to be. Tomorrow is date day for us. 




Dallas had to go to Memphis for all of his physicals for the Delayed Entry Program. After we got word that he passed, they took them to swear into the program. He also has a close friend that is going through it too. We are so proud of him. 


We have got so many more projects we are crossing off our to do list. So that is where I have been for the longest.  

We have also just been enjoying family time as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment