Thursday, January 16, 2020

Slowly Getting Things Done

I’m trying to stay on track with getting things done on my to do list.
I started in my kitchen. After all the Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking and baking I did, I felt like my kitchen was just nasty and grungy.  Not to mention, one night I was cleaning the fireplace and vacuuming all the ashes out of the bottom with the shop vac. Well, dear hubby came yelling in the living room for me to stop. I cut it off and turned around and looked at him through a cloud of smoke.  Obviously, the last time I used the shop vac I didn’t replace the bag. So, now my kitchen really needed scrubbing and so did my living room. 🤦‍♀️
My momma and daddy came to spend a day with us and my momma wanted something to do so…… we got busy in my kitchen.  I spent the day before scrubbing it down, walls, blinds, windows, crown molding,  baseboards,  cabinets, counters,  light fixtures, and appliances. Then my momma helped me organize my cabinets and drawers which was something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I parted with alot and packed up some to go into our camper when we get one in a few years.
Next came, cleaning out the grand kids closet of clothes. Getting out clothes they have outgrown and hanging up clothes they are growing into. Then going through toys they have out grown.
Then I finally got my living room scrubbed down. I am feeling accomplished.
It’s rained on and off for three days so inside work it was.  Next week is suppose to be cold but ok.  Maybe next week  will be some outside work. We will see.
I’m so ready to start planting some seeds indoors to get ready for gardening season.

No comments:

Post a Comment