Thursday, May 2, 2024

Teaching Work Ethics

 Well, Kansas was good to us, but not the wind. That wind would take your hair and try to take your scalp with it. Phew! We had the opportunity to stay on a big working cattle farm with about 300 pregnant cows. David got to help alot of days when he was off. I got to help a few times taking care of the chickens. Not to mention playing with baby kittens. Our hosts were very gracious and David learned some things and me and his wife did some crafting and baking bread. All in all it was a good experience.  🐈🐈‍⬛🐂🐄🐔🐓🥚🥩


















Then it was on to Arkansas.  Dear hubby got to have two days off so we left Kansas,  swung to Arkansas and dropped our stuff off and drove home for two days. I suprised the granddaughters and picked them up from school and preschool. Needless to say they were overjoyed. They had everyone crying and we had to pass around tissue boxes. 

We got to spend two days at home and started on some things to get ready for summer. Dear hubby mowed and got my garden spot ready for me. He had a helper though. This girl is not afraid of hard work. She loves helping in the garden, mowing with poppie and feeding the cows. 

So God made a farmer. This girl is not afraid of work.






The other one hung out with me. God made a little girl to play with bubbles, kitty cats and dirt.




I am so glad we have farm girls. And they have good work ethics. We need to get back to teaching work ethics to these young whooper snappers. 

Dear hubby was so excited to see the cows too. We have switched pastures for rotating and they are at his mommas where our son and his wife live now. We didn't get to see them this trip because of the hours they were working. One of the cows spotted his truck right away and ran to the fence. She loves him. 






Dear hubby and our oldest son are building their dream. 

Our youngest son and his wife finally had a photo shoot done. It has been a long time. They don't get involved with social media much. This momma cried. More pics to hang on the wall. 







It was time to go back to AR and start that job. We are almost done with this work trip. I am making a little trip home to swap places with our oldest son. I'm going to spend the weekend with the girls and get some things planted in the garden while he goes to AR for an Artificial Insemination Clinic one of the colleges is offering. It is a 3 day class and he will get together with dear hubby one night or two and eat and hang out with him. Then we will swap places again and I will come  back to AR  and we will finish out the job. 

My momma is coming too one day. Before we left on our work trip, I sent my two Aerogardens and some seeds home with her. She started pepper and tomato seeds for us in them. They are doing great. She will be bringing them with her and we will get tomatoes and peppers planted. Then we are planting just  zucchini and okra this year. We did an inventory of our goods and we are only growing what we need to replace this year. I am mostly growing the Zucchini and okra for pickles and pickled okra. Those were the two biggest hits from last summer and almost all jars are gone. These granddaughters have eaten them up and I have helped eat the Zucchini Pickles up too. I am so glad they love them. We will plant some sun flowers too for the birds. 

An eventful weekend for sure.Well, I need to get up and get on the road so I can get some things done. Next post will be all about our progress. 


If you want to know how I made Zucchini Pickles check out my video 



No comments:

Post a Comment