Wednesday, July 27, 2022

I'll Try To Catch You Up

 Boy, it has been a busy few weeks. I'll try to catch you up. 

We finally got Dallas and Brylee set up in Nannys house. They have worked so hard fixing it up like they want it. They love being there. So far I think Brylee has decided to wait until next year to go back to school. We had so much trouble finding them a place to rent where she is going to go to college and financially it is too hard on them at the moment. They don't want to start out their future struggling to make ends meet and I think they made the right decision.  They want to work a little bit and set a nest egg aside for next year so it will be better financially when she goes back to school.  As you can see, he loves his Legos. I'm thankful for the young man he has become. He and Brylee are on their journey to adulthood. He cooks and cleans while she is at work.  I'm glad I taught him how to take care of himself when he was growing up.  Even boys need to learn to take care of things,  not to loose their masculinity but because they need to know how to take care of themselves. Mom can't follow them everywhere and do it. Brylee is very neat and organized too. He has been getting brownie points and letting her rest when she comes in and take a bath while he cooks. Our boys take care of their women. 



 It was time for me to rejoin dear hubby and I had to go back to LA where I was once again greeted every morning by our greeters on our porch


I sat out on the cottage porch one day and just enjoyed myself. 


Bow chicka wow wow.....do not disturb 


I fixed a good supper one night. I found the recipe on Facebook.  It is Taco Stuffed Shells. 🌮  It was delicious. 


One day I went walking around the grounds to see if I could spot any gators. No luck. I would have probably peed in my pants had I seen one. 


The bad thing about where we are is there is no place to swim. I am a water baby and I love to swim. Louisianas insurance laws are so awful around here. 

So to pass my time, I got into a sewing frenzy.  School is fixing to start for our little buddy Atleigh and I wanted to make her some school clothes. And I didn't want Caroline to feel left out so I made her some too. I can't believe my little buddy will be going to Kindergarten. I do not know how Caroline will take it. She has been with her sissy 24/7 for 4 years. I put together some cute little short sets. 




And of course I have to accessorize. I am making hairbows to match. This is just one I have got done. 


Here is a close up. I have had my nose stuck in YouTube and Pinterest. I love the way they turned out. 


The next day I was busy again and finished making the bows for the other outfits. 


I finally just had to take a break and have some time for myself. I am a water baby and need my water therapy. The place we were at in LA , there were no swimming places even remotely close. Where we live we have man made beaches up and down our river. The river that ran through where we were, had no man made beaches. Not to mention, the insurance laws in LA is outrageous and ridiculous.  My dear hubby got called to another plant which landed us 2 hrs closer to home has areas to swim. The hotel we are in had a pool but has been closed since 2020. 😡. So I just found the local YMCA.  I swear, I sing it every time I type it. 



Dakota surprised Jordan with a weekend trip to Gatlinburg.  He's just like his dad. Well, she has been pretty upset and down on herself because she thinks she did not pass her National exam. We are not sure yet but will know in a couple of weeks. He was trying to get her mind off of it. While she was taking her test,  Dakota got to go and spend time with his Granny and Poppa. My momma and daddy. They enjoyed their visit. 


These girls are about sick of my "freedom". Atleigh has called me 3 times in the past few days crying and her little "I want you Gmaw"  is breaking my heart. Then there is Caroline who I can hear in the background,  " Let's fight Poppie".  Lol. Just a few more days and they will be glued to us. 


I have three more outfits to sew for them for school.  I can't believe our big girl starts Kindergarten.  We've been together for 4 1/2 years. Little sissy probably will have some adjusting to do too. She's has big sissy 24/7 and want know how to act not seeing her during the day. It's adjustments for everyone.  

When we get home it is time to order our upper cabinets and get them installed. I am so excited. 

Well, I have more sewing to do so I'd better get at it. And I will have some new viodes up soon. I just posted a new one last week I think. Two new videos actually.  Here is the link. 

https://youtu.be/xhRefRrZB8M

And 

https://youtu.be/41sqa4re-wc


Hope you enjoy them. 



1 comment:

  1. You are such a good gramma! Those outfits and bows are adorable!
    Glad you've avoided the alligators!

    ReplyDelete