Thursday, March 24, 2022

Hobby Lobby Made Me Do It

 Hobby Lobby is so close to us that I find myself going there at least once a week. But I am enjoying my Hobby to the fullest. I have been busy and having so much fun sewing as you can see. I made the girls some matching shirts. Instead of buttons, I used snaps on these. Caroline has trouble with buttons and tries to pull the garment opening apart so....the reason for snaps. She can pull these apart but might have help snapping them closed. She will learn. I took the plunge and used the embroidery part of my sewing machine and embroidered a different color heart on each shirt. I don't know why it has taken me 5 yrs to get over my intimidation of this machine but I did and I see more embroidery in my future. LOL. Next, I just need to learn more about transferring designs from my computer to my machine. My machine is a small scale one, 4x4 size embroidery and I'm perfectly fine with  that. 



I made me some items and I love how they turned out. I purchased some Pioneer Woman place mats a while ago and got busy at home and put them up for a while. Well, I brought them with me and made these and they serve my traveling needs perfectly. I will be making more projects with her placemats too. 


I found some material for Dallas. It was on sale 30% off so I said, Why Not! I don't know what I'll make yet. Probably some throw pillows for his bed. 




I have a few more projects I'm fixing to work on too. I'll let you see when they are done. 

I have enjoyed my using my instant pot and air fryer. I have made some pretty good meals in them. I always make a big batch of egg bites for dear hubby to take to work with him. I make about a weeks worth and wrap them. He takes them to work and puts them in the fridge in his office. He can grab and go at work. Makes me feel nice that he has something homemade to eat at work. I also made some for some of the staff and they loved them. They told me I was going to have to make some more. LOL. I think I will make them a sweet treat next.


I made some enchiladas one night and a pasta dish the next. It is easy to make pasta dishes in the instant pot. 


Last night I made a quick meal of fish tacos and a southwest cole slaw. 


One day the weather got so bad, I was actually getting a little worried. I had to run errands that morning to pick up a few groceries and I got back in time. I did not like the look of the clouds and the Noah weather broke in on the radio. I turned on the local news here and saw that we were under severe thunderstorm and a tornado warning. About 10 minutes later a tornado was in rotation 9 miles from us. Me and dear hubby were worried about each other. He told me exactly what to do and where to go if I had to. I started calling my parents and Dakota back home. It would eventually head that way too. After a while the watches and warnings ended, but it thunder stormed the rest of the day. I was looking out the window at one time and literally saw a lightning bolt touch down across the bridge on the interstate. I heard a loud pop. I don't know what it hit, but it didn't sound good. It finally calmed down after the evening. It was over before dear hubby got off work. I'm glad because I prayed him all the way home. 

We had a rough weekend last weekend. They placed a traveling football team on our floor and some scattered on other floors. It was not pleasant to say the least. They literally were up all hrs of the night, going from room to room, elevator and stair wells. Not to mention, loud noise, music, etc. That first night was awful for our friend across the hall because finally around 1 am they went to one room that adjoins his and decided to party there the rest of the night. He got no sleep at all and we all had to be up at 4 am. 
  The next night, we went  to bed around 10 pm, these kids decided they wanted to play football in the hall way. We had enough. Dear hubby jumps out of bed, calls downstairs, however, it was a young girl on night shift and I told him it was unsafe for her to come up here with all these young guys. It was too dangerous. So, she played a good call. She called the coaches room  and told him to come quieten everyone down. Dear hubby went out in the hall and was waiting on the coach to come. He was asking the boys nicely to hold the noise down since we all had to get up again around 4 am. A woman was sitting in the hall way eating cheetos and watching everything. She said she was a parent and chaperone. Are you kidding me? You're supervising these kids making all this chaos and noise at 10 pm at night with no regards to other tenants trying to sleep. Finally the coach appears much much later. They finally get settled in a room somewhere a few hrs later. I got up in the middle of the night and they were still awake and I could hear them. Again at 4 am, still awake. They finally went to bed around 6am. Well, guess what? Coach had to start waking them up around 9 am to check out. HAHAHAHAHAHA. That's what they get. We were so tired and sleepy and throw miserable in there. I prayed and prayed they were leaving. I looked out the hall one time and a young mother and her two very young children were checking out. Made me wonder what kind of night she had because the was closer to their rooms than we were and if we could hear them all the way to ours up the hall, I know she was miserable too. They all left and it was so quiet. Finally, we could sleep. I felt so sorry for house keep though. It took them 8 hrs to clean just this floor and all their rooms. Management was so upset. 
Folks, please learn, know and understand hotel  and motel etiquette. There are quiet hours. People come in from all different places, and for all different reasons. Mostly, to REST and SLEEP. Also, if you wouldn't make that big of a mess in your own home, don't do it else where. Just because that's what "they get paid to do" doesn't mean you have to act like you had no raising and be disrespectful. CLEAN YOUR CRAP UP.  Ok, I'm off my soap box. I  will just say, I can see an RV in our future.  Home away from home and we can have our own space and peace and quiet. 



I have started a new book. I absolutely love Sharon White. She is very traditional in homemaking, homekeeping, marriage and parenting. I plan to get more of her books. 



We had some items delivered at home for the girls. Dakota went and picked them up and Jordan wrapped them for us. To say they were excited is an understatement. Poppie sure does know how to make two little princesses happy. 




Not much longer and we get to hug and kiss and squeeze the tater out of them. And we get to see how our kitchen is coming along. So far so good. 

Well, I have laundry to do, so I'm off. Have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment