Saturday, March 23, 2024

New Life On The Farm

 It has been a very good season so far. Calving season. We now have two more additions to 4D Farms. One is a bull which in now a steer, and another little heifer. All calving went fine, all mommas are fine. No problems. We did have one set back a few months ago or even before that. We had 3 AI'd but only two gave birth. The third was confirmed pregnant by blood tests but in her second trimester, she started bleeding and did this on and off for three months. She must have lost it some time in that period. Poor thing. Life on the farm is not always easy. You get to bring joy into the world and then you bury some. 

We did have a tragedy on the farm. Our son who lives in his later grandmothers house which is where the  momma cows and babies are now, someone poisoned his herd dogs which have always protected the cows and they knew the dogs very well and felt safe. We do not know who did it but their day will come. The Lord always take care of things like this. We do have cameras around but they were not pointed in the right direction. We adjusted them. My son was so upset and still is. He and his wife do not have children yet and this was their companions. She cried for a week straight. Vengence is mine saith the Lord. Our girls are loving playing with the calves and have already named  them. This actually helps get them use to us so they will not run or be skittish of anyone needing to take care of them. Our Daughter in law actually banded her first ever calf. We're gonna make a cow girl out of her yet. Last years calves are at our house in our pasture and have been since weaning time. It is wonderful to have life on our farm again. For those just now following me here on Blogger, I use to raise Registered Dairy Goats 11 years ago. Due to physical health reasons, I had to part with my herds. I was so upset for a few years prior because I saw it coming. I miss seeing little kids running around and playing in the pasture. The little noses and kisses. I guess I can still get big slobbery kisses from the calves I guess. If you want to know how I raised them, you can check out any of our Goat Pages on our blog. Go to the top of the home page and in the sub-header, there are titles. Each title is a link to that page. Just click on it and away you go. Happy reading. You can also click here








While new life happening on our farm, we are on a work trip and I got to venture out. We love Duck Dynasty and The Robertson family and each and every one of their personal testimonies. They truly are blessing to anyone who gets the chance to meet them. I went to West Monroe, LA where they live, work and go to church. I visited the warehouse in which they have turned half into a museum and gift shop. I didn't get to meet anyone. Ms. Kay has actually been in the hospital there recovering from surgery and intensive physical therapy for a broken foot. I got to visit their church. Their oldest son Al just so happened to not have been there that day. Dadburnit. lol I was so hoping to meet anyone that day, but they have lives too. The museum was wonderful. I got to cross this off my bucket list. There are so many pics but this is just a few. I did get to eat at the donut shop they frequent and one of the episodes was actually filmed in this shop. It was an experience. I even got to make my own duck call. 











This trip, we have had to stay in a hotel which is ok. I'm use to it by now. But I have been making some wonderful dishes. No recipes, just creating off the top of my head. I am pretty proud of myself. Yes, there will be videos on our YouTube Channel Speaking of our channel, I have started two new series. The first series is Breadmaking for Beginners and Sunday my Homemaking Series start. I had been holding on to these videos for 2 years and just didn't know when to publish them. I prayed and prayed and God finally said, "It's time child!" Be sure to catch them. 






We are headed out tomorrow for the next place to work. More to come. 

#farmlife #farm #homesteading #homemaking #traveling #recipes #meals #cooking 

No comments:

Post a Comment