Monday, May 22, 2023

My Hydroponics Aerogarden Growing System

 Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Affiliate and by clicking on any links of mine, we will earn a small commission. Thank you for your support. 



A few years ago, my husband knew I wanted to dabble and experiment with hydroponics and growing some herbs indoors and starting seeds, so, Viola". One christmas I was the proud owner of my own hydroponics system from Aerogarden. I cannot tell you how much this simplified my success with growing herbs and starting some seeds indoors for our garden during those winter dreary months. I have inherited my late Mother in laws too. I put them both to use. In one, I will grow simple, quick lettuces that my granddaughters absolutely love to grow, snip, eat and regrow. We snip off some lettuce, wash it and make us a quick little salad and it just continues to keep growing. Another good feature about this system is you can remove the pods when they get to a certain height as in pics below and you can transplant them into pots and still keep in the house and grow. Then you can start fresh seed pods in the holes. You can have continuous veggies or herbs growing all year long. 

These are easy to clean, and the settings are so self explanatory. You can set the time for the lights to come on and how many hours to stay on pertaining to the type of plant you are growing. You can adjust the light stand to any height as the plant grows upward. You can customize your seed pod kits so the seeds are already in the pods or you can order the dirt pods with cages and buy your own seed packets. It truly is versatile. We have a few tomato plants in one of mine now and they started sprouting within 3 days of planting. This is so easy to set up that I let my granddaughters set one up all by themselves. The menu indicators even lets you know when to add water and plant food (included in your kits). It counts down the days for you to remind you when to add the food. It keeps up with the days that you planted so you can keep up with germination time. Even if the power goes out, it does not  factory reset, it keeps up from when it cut off. I am goin to leave a link below and it is the same one I have as in the pics. This is perfect especially for older ones who love gardening but can't physically work a big outside garden much less a raised bed or container garden. I can say this in all honesty because my Mother in law was 87 years old and did not want to let her gardening skills take a back seat to her physical health. We got hers for her for a Mothers Day gift and she thoroughly enjoyed snipping her lettuces everyday. It gave her such pleasure to know she could still grow something. Just to see her happy was enough for us. This is great for Birthdays, Anniversaries, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Christmas or just because you love them and want to make someones life easier. 

I absolutely love mine and hope you will too. They are so easy to set up as well. I had mine set up in 20 minutes (well maybe longer because my granddaughters couldn't decide which lettuces to start out with lol).






I really hope you give this a try. Here is the link to my store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment